So lately a lot has been on my mind. First of course is my memories of my many close calls and adventures in Peru with the result of seeing God's grace and overwhelming supernatural protection over my life just about everywhere I go; which that said leads to an inevitable reality check and heart surgery for myself with the Lord. But most don't ever see the inscisions of where the selfish side of the missionary is removed and the pacemaker is inserted and when the missionary returns to his home country to deliver an update to his home church family, mentors, and friends they hope to just receive a warm welcome from his/her loved ones and that probably is one of the most amazing gifts they can receive after coming back from the mission field for a temporary time in their home country.
Second, is saying 'See ya later' to a very close and awesome church family of mine that I've grown close to in the last six months or so since my return from Peru to the United States. As much as I want to stay enjoy their company I know it just wouldn't be right staying in the States and not following through with what the Lord wants me to do in the missions field. I realized that just as there are individuals in my church who have their ministry whether it be worship,Children's ministry,Youth ministry,members of the Board,Greeters,etc. My ministry is the missions field.
Though it's interesting, today I'm celebrating four years of walking with the Lord and little over four years ago walking with the Lord was the LAST THING I wanted to do. Now, it's what I plan to do day by day and it's not like the Lord called me and I answered and I fell in love with the Father of the Most High and everything He has done for me, but He called and chose me to go speak to others in other parts of the world or nation about the Good News. The Good News about the Life,Death,and Resurrection of Jesus Christ that which can be simplifed to everything that was placed at the Cross. For me, I think back to those many rebellious times in my 'B.C. days'(Before Christ)when I was shaking my fist at God in my heart and shaking my fist at the Church in my heart as well and as that proverbial pendulum swung from the worst extreme it swung to the Greater and Most Awesome extreme as I saw what the Lord did for me at the Cross. It's not like I'm some 'cruising Christian' so to speak as I would fear I would be, but fortunately I'd like to say I am not, but I see my motives and the heart that the Lord has given me and I see that my heart is no longer on that pendulum, but now is situated in His hands.
Well, I must say that it has been fun to write this blog and I can't wait to have more things to share with you all in coming time and at this moment I have my plane ticket for Peru paid for and half of my tuition paid off. Praise the Lord! And still plenty of money left over to buy whatever things I need for my trip and time in Peru. For now, hasta luego!
-Danielito
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment